- "What is" Form PF?
- "What Is" Mark-to-Market Accounting?
- The 7 Data Extraction Problems That Plague Corporate Actions and the 1 Solution to Them All
- "What is" Reference Data?
- A Closer Look at FATCA Grandfathering
- Back to Business with CLO 2.0
- 1099 Changes Affecting OID Means Good News For Investors, Challenges For Brokers
- The History of the Wall Street Bull
- Six Necessary Steps for Anti-Bribery and AML Screening Improvement
- "What Is" a Corporate Action?
Category Archives: Corporate Actions
Guest Contributor: Brendan P. Farrell, Jr., executive vice president, SunGard’s XSP How can the industry turn the tables on risk in corporate actions processing? Industry insiders estimate that $1 billion is lost every year through missed or mismanaged corporate actions … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Kevin Cullen, vice president, sales solutions specialist, SunGard’s XSP On Wednesday, October 9, the Financial Technologies Forum (FTF) held its annual corporate actions event, CAPCon New York. Based on the presentations and panels, it seems the world of … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Stevie Conlon, Senior Director & Tax Counsel, Wolters Kluwer Financial Services Meeting the upcoming tax reporting requirements for the last phase of the cost basis law likely requires significant system overhauls for all brokers. Phase 3 debt reporting … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Dan Retzer, SunGard’s XSP Across nearly every sector of business, we are seeing an evolution from systems of record toward systems of engagement. As the data that we are dealing with explodes exponentially through use of emerging and … Continue reading
New IRS Form 8937 Puts Brokers Between a ‘ROC’ and a Hard Place for 2012 Form 1099 Reporting Return of capital (ROC) reporting season is here. Under the cost basis reporting law, brokers must now make basis adjustments for ROCs … Continue reading
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a regulation enacted by the U.S. federal government to stem tax evasion by US citizens and residents using offshore accounts. Under FATCA, the government will obtain information to foster more transparency into … Continue reading