- General Counsel & CCO Semper Capital Mgmet to speak at #FTFHedge on the challenges of meeting reporting requirements ftfnews.com/event/hedgeops… 1 hour ago
- RT @confgirl06: Happy 7th Work Anniversary @SHath4 TY for all you do & for helping to make @FTFNews what it is today. We hope to celebrate… 2 hours ago
- The Fully Outsourced Fund Manager
- "What Is" Mark-to-Market Accounting?
- "What is" Form PF?
- A Closer Look at FATCA Grandfathering
- "What is" Reference Data?
- Key Current Challenges of the Asset Management Industry and Operational Answers
- The History of the Wall Street Bull
- ABOR, IBOR, MBOR, Etc. – Are We Getting BORed With Acronyms
- The Mysterious Role of the Clearinghouse
- Cloud Computing Adoption in Asset Management
Category Archives: Corporate Actions
Guest Contributor: Brendan P. Farrell, Jr., executive vice president, SunGard’s XSP How can the industry turn the tables on risk in corporate actions processing? Industry insiders estimate that $1 billion is lost every year through missed or mismanaged corporate actions … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Kevin Cullen, vice president, sales solutions specialist, SunGard’s XSP On Wednesday, October 9, the Financial Technologies Forum (FTF) held its annual corporate actions event, CAPCon New York. Based on the presentations and panels, it seems the world of … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Stevie Conlon, Senior Director & Tax Counsel, Wolters Kluwer Financial Services Meeting the upcoming tax reporting requirements for the last phase of the cost basis law likely requires significant system overhauls for all brokers. Phase 3 debt reporting … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Dan Retzer, SunGard’s XSP Across nearly every sector of business, we are seeing an evolution from systems of record toward systems of engagement. As the data that we are dealing with explodes exponentially through use of emerging and … Continue reading
New IRS Form 8937 Puts Brokers Between a ‘ROC’ and a Hard Place for 2012 Form 1099 Reporting Return of capital (ROC) reporting season is here. Under the cost basis reporting law, brokers must now make basis adjustments for ROCs … Continue reading
The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) is a regulation enacted by the U.S. federal government to stem tax evasion by US citizens and residents using offshore accounts. Under FATCA, the government will obtain information to foster more transparency into … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Dan Retzer, Managing Director and Chief Technology Officer, XSP That coexistence between the ISO 15022 and 20022 messaging standards presents challenges to the producers and consumers of financial data is without question. These challenges, however, also yield opportunities … Continue reading
Some of the exhibitors at our 6th Annual Corporate Actions Processing event this past Wednesday, had a little fun with our Summer 2012 print issue (yes, you can have fun even when talking about corporate actions). Can you spot the … Continue reading
Cost Basis Reporting (CBR) is the process of identifying the cost of a security, particularly in terms of the rules and regulations implemented by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Recently, CBR via brokerages underwent major changes as of Jan. 1, … Continue reading