- Interested in Joining an Exclusive Retreat for Senior Ops & Tech Professionals in St. Thomas? Request an Invite t... marketing.ftfnews.com/acton/sp/12926… 3 days ago
- RT @johnpneedham: @FTFnews takes a deeper look at my piece on @CFTC's FCM Fin'l Data ftfnews.com/the-ongoing-wo… "Ongoing Woes of FCMs" by @ugen… 3 days ago
- "What is" Form PF?
- "What Is" Mark-to-Market Accounting?
- What is a Hedge Fund Hotel?
- "What is" Reference Data?
- "What Is" Reconciliation?
- A Closer Look at FATCA Grandfathering
- The History of the Wall Street Bull
- Key Current Challenges of the Asset Management Industry and Operational Answers
- "What Is" a Corporate Action?
- ABOR, IBOR, MBOR, Etc. – Are We Getting BORed With Acronyms
Category Archives: Dodd-Frank
Guest Contributor: Ted Leveroni, Executive Director – Strategy & Buy Side Relations at The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation Global regulatory reform and market changes are impacting how the buy- and sell-side function in the exchange-traded derivatives (ETD) space. The … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: David Kubersky, President and Managing Director, SimCorp North America Fragmented position-keeping across the trade lifecycle presents significant risks to buy-side firms. As the SimCorp Journal paper, “The Investment Book of Record: One Version of Truth from Front- to … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Kevin McPartland, Principal, Market Structure and Technology Advisory Service, Greenwich Associates Free-market capitalism will ultimately lead any marketplace to its ideal state. Over the past half-decade this principle has driven my hypothesis that regulators should not try to … Continue reading
Derivatives Processing on Legacy Technology: Fear factor or real factor? Are legacy investment management systems the bane of your derivatives processing? An increasing number of buy-side organizations are implementing sophisticated strategies that employ derivatives. However outdated systems across the front-to-back … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Cheryl Nash, President, Investment Services from Fiserv Many investors have come to the realization that they may not meet their retirement and other financial goals on their own, and are reaching out to financial advisors for expert guidance. … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: David Kubersky, SimCorp North American Managing Director We have long left behind typewriters, walkmans and VHS tapes, yet millions in assets are still managed on systems that existed before Windows 1.0. The inherent characteristics of legacy systems act … Continue reading
A hedge fund is a private partnership investment fund that uses complex investment strategies with the goal of maximizing returns on the funds’ underlying investments. Accredited investors run hedge funds and pool money in order to make risky, yet profitable … Continue reading