- "What is" Form PF?
- "What Is" Mark-to-Market Accounting?
- 1099 Changes Affecting OID Means Good News For Investors, Challenges For Brokers
- A Closer Look at FATCA Grandfathering
- "What is" Reference Data?
- "What Is" Reconciliation?
- Will the Futurization of Swaps Transform the Clearing Industry?
- ABOR, IBOR, MBOR, Etc. – Are We Getting BORed With Acronyms
- The History of the Wall Street Bull
- Dodd-Frank IT Implications for Investment Firms: Disaster Recovery, Archiving
Category Archives: Financial Crime
January 20, 2015 by Eugene Grygo (Contribution from Minding the Gap, a blog by FTF News editor, Eugene Grygo.) Thanks to the fines imposed upon Wall Street and insurance firms for their sins during the Great Recession, the New York State … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Julie Conroy, research director, Aite Group Establishing a new, non-sovereign digital currency is not for the faint of heart. Bitcoin, the poster child for cryptocurrencies, has weathered a barrage of ups and downs over the last six months … Continue reading
Guest Contributor:Henry Balani, Managing Director at BankersAccuity’s Risk and Compliance Group In an era of enhanced scrutiny, larger fines and the ongoing internationalization of anti-money laundering (AML) and anti-bribery regulations, organizations are facing increased risk and numerous challenges in achieving … Continue reading
We recently held our 2nd Annual Financial Crime & AML Compliance Breakfast event on July 18th, and we couldn’t have asked for better timing! With so many recent AML investigations including ING, HSBC and the Vatican, we knew the sessions … Continue reading
We are pleased to have Sarah Green, Senior Director in the Enforcement Division at FINRA sitting on a panel at our upcoming 2nd Annual Financial Crime & AML Compliance breakfast briefing on July 18th. Sarah specializes in anti-money laundering (AML) … Continue reading
Thanks to the upcoming presidential election, we have been flooded with campaign ads and promises from each candidate. So, I started to think about how the upcoming election will affect the financial services industry. With so much new regulation and … Continue reading