- Interested in Joining an Exclusive Retreat for Senior Ops & Tech Professionals in St. Thomas? Request an Invite t... marketing.ftfnews.com/acton/sp/12926… 3 days ago
- RT @johnpneedham: @FTFnews takes a deeper look at my piece on @CFTC's FCM Fin'l Data ftfnews.com/the-ongoing-wo… "Ongoing Woes of FCMs" by @ugen… 3 days ago
- "What is" Form PF?
- "What Is" Mark-to-Market Accounting?
- "What Is" Reconciliation?
- The History of the Wall Street Bull
- A Closer Look at FATCA Grandfathering
- "What is" Reference Data?
- What is a Hedge Fund Hotel?
- Back to Business with CLO 2.0
- ABOR, IBOR, MBOR, Etc. – Are We Getting BORed With Acronyms
- Key Current Challenges of the Asset Management Industry and Operational Answers
Category Archives: Performance Measurement
Guest Contributor: Bob Leaper, Head of Business Development, North America, DST Global Solutions Research from CEB TowerGroup cites that almost half, 45%, of asset managers say they will adapt or replace their performance measurement system by 2018. The same research … Continue reading
The Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) is a set of voluntary, ethical principles that govern the reporting, valuation, advertising and disclosure issues of the funds overseen by investment management firms. The GIPS benchmarks are primarily used when investment managers present … Continue reading
For all those who attended and participated in FTF’s 4th Annual Performance Measurement Conference yesterday in NYC, we would like to thank you for making it such a great and informative event yet again! Special thanks go out to all … Continue reading
Risk management has become extremely important in the past year or two. The risk management teams at many firms have begun to reassess their roles and the way they manage risk in order to prevent past mistakes from being repeated. … Continue reading
Well, I have to admit, as much as I love the Holidays and our company-wide break between 2011Christmas and New Year’s (I know, aren’t I a good boss?), it’s good to be back at work and back to a routine. … Continue reading
To read Part I of this article please click here. carl baconGuest Contributor: Carl Bacon, Chairman, StatPro Some critics of performance fees make the claim that asymmetric fees in particular encourage managers to take more risk if performance is poor … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Carl Bacon, Chairman, StatPro After a brief lull during the credit crisis, performance (or incentive) fees are again becoming increasingly high profile. An excellent time therefore to pose two questions: Are they a good thing? And if used, … Continue reading