- "What Is" Mark-to-Market Accounting?
- "What is" Form PF?
- The History of the Wall Street Bull
- A Closer Look at FATCA Grandfathering
- "What is" Reference Data?
- Sue Mayham on How Corporate Actions Has Changed
- "What Is" Reconciliation?
- ABOR, IBOR, MBOR, Etc. – Are We Getting BORed With Acronyms
- Emoticon :) or not to Emoticon :( ? That is the Question.
- Multiple Prime Utility: the key to transforming the fund manager/prime broker relationship
Tag Archives: Buy-Side
In short, the buy side consists of firms looking to purchase assets or securities from the sell side, which offers these assets and other investment opportunities. The buy side mostly refers to the major institutions such as pension funds and … Continue reading
If you are attending SIBOS this week, or at least reading some of the news coming out of SIBOS, then you’ve probably seen that the topic of mobile technology is a hot issue this year. In anticipation of this being a … Continue reading
Well, folks, it appears summer is officially over. With that comes the start of a new training season. We here at FTF will miss the warm summer days but are looking forward to once again bringing knowledge and insight to … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Renée Colyer, CEO, Forefactor As if it wasn’t complicated enough before – now, because of the OPR (Order Protection Rule) in Canada, there are two types of smart order routers (venue and broker offered) that the buyside needs … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Steve Grob, Fidessa Seems like equity and other capital marketplaces are going through the ying and yang of fragmentation and consolidation. Just as we hear about another merger, we read about another new venue going live or more … Continue reading
Guest Contributer: Joseph Amarante, Senior Vice President of Professional Services, NorthPoint Hedge fund managers often seek additional AUM by providing access to their investment strategies through the on-boarding of separately managed accounts (SMAs). In this scenario, a manager allocates assets, … Continue reading