- RT @ugenegod: Is there life after Excel? Johnston Asset Management is living proof via its automated billing @FTFnews http://t.co/WycV5YCU… 17 hours ago
- Johnston Asset steps away from excel spreadsheets and cuts 3 wk billing process to 3 days ftfnews.com/news/step-away… http://t.co/5XNYJQUZGf 18 hours ago
- "What is" Form PF?
- A Closer Look at FATCA Grandfathering
- The Power of Feedback Loops: Fostering an Environment that Supports a Healthy ERM Program
- "What Is" Mark-to-Market Accounting?
- "What is" Reference Data?
- The History of the Wall Street Bull
- Insurance and Innovation: Are you In or Out?
- ABOR, IBOR, MBOR, Etc. – Are We Getting BORed With Acronyms
- Dodd-Frank IT Implications for Investment Firms: Disaster Recovery, Archiving
- "What Is" FINRA?
Tag Archives: Buy-Side
In short, the buy side consists of firms looking to purchase assets or securities from the sell side, which offers these assets and other investment opportunities. The buy side mostly refers to the major institutions such as pension funds and … Continue reading
If you are attending SIBOS this week, or at least reading some of the news coming out of SIBOS, then you’ve probably seen that the topic of mobile technology is a hot issue this year. In anticipation of this being a … Continue reading
Well, folks, it appears summer is officially over. With that comes the start of a new training season. We here at FTF will miss the warm summer days but are looking forward to once again bringing knowledge and insight to … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Renée Colyer, CEO, Forefactor As if it wasn’t complicated enough before – now, because of the OPR (Order Protection Rule) in Canada, there are two types of smart order routers (venue and broker offered) that the buyside needs … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Steve Grob, Fidessa Seems like equity and other capital marketplaces are going through the ying and yang of fragmentation and consolidation. Just as we hear about another merger, we read about another new venue going live or more … Continue reading
Guest Contributer: Joseph Amarante, Senior Vice President of Professional Services, NorthPoint Hedge fund managers often seek additional AUM by providing access to their investment strategies through the on-boarding of separately managed accounts (SMAs). In this scenario, a manager allocates assets, … Continue reading
Have you ever had to call a tech-support line, whether it was to sort out a smart-phone issue or because your company web site just crashed? If yes, then I’m sure you can relate to the frustration this call can … Continue reading
Guest Contributer: David Kubersky, Managing Director, SimCorp North America Against the backdrop of the global recession that engulfed the financial services industry over the last few years, the good news is the potential for 2011 looks bright. For the investment … Continue reading
I was reading an article the other day on eFinancial News about hedge fund hotels and, while I’ve heard of these, I never fully understood what they were and how they worked. Turns out, a hedge fund hotel is simply … Continue reading
During an FTF webinar last month sponsored by Open Link Financial (OpenLink), presenters Ken Knowles of OpenLink, Eric Gulbrandsen of Maven Wave Partners and Stephen Bruel of TowerGroup, conducted a series of polling questions to find out more about what’s … Continue reading