- "What Is" Mark-to-Market Accounting?
- "What is" Form PF?
- A Closer Look at FATCA Grandfathering
- The History of the Wall Street Bull
- ABOR, IBOR, MBOR, Etc. – Are We Getting BORed With Acronyms
- A Battle Royal: Broker vs. Independent - The importance of 3rd Party Pricing Examined
- "What Is" Reconciliation?
- "What is" Reference Data?
- "What Is" Collateral Management?
- Big Mistake Making Reconciliation Tool of Choice Excel
Tag Archives: Derivatives
Derivatives Processing on Legacy Technology: Fear factor or real factor? Are legacy investment management systems the bane of your derivatives processing? An increasing number of buy-side organizations are implementing sophisticated strategies that employ derivatives. However outdated systems across the front-to-back … Continue reading
For financial services firms, risk management is the process of managing exposure and mitigating losses that can come via financial transactions. Risk management practices involve identifying and analyzing the potential losses of an investment and developing strategies that are consistent … Continue reading
A derivative is a traded security in the form of a contract between two parties based on an underlying asset or multiple assets. These financial contracts are most commonly used to hedge financial risk. Derivatives can also be used for … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Laurent Jacquemin, executive vice president, post-trade derivatives, SunGard’s capital markets business In the derivatives industry, significant, year-over-year transaction volume growth has become the norm. With high-frequency trading driving up the volumes of trades to hundreds of thousands or … Continue reading