- "What is" Form PF?
- "What Is" Mark-to-Market Accounting?
- The History of the Wall Street Bull
- 1099 Changes Affecting OID Means Good News For Investors, Challenges For Brokers
- "What is" Reference Data?
- A Closer Look at FATCA Grandfathering
- 6 Steps to Implementing Operational Control
- Key Current Challenges of the Asset Management Industry and Operational Answers
- Back to Business with CLO 2.0
- "What Is" Reconciliation?
Tag Archives: Derivatives
Derivatives Processing on Legacy Technology: Fear factor or real factor? Are legacy investment management systems the bane of your derivatives processing? An increasing number of buy-side organizations are implementing sophisticated strategies that employ derivatives. However outdated systems across the front-to-back … Continue reading
For financial services firms, risk management is the process of managing exposure and mitigating losses that can come via financial transactions. Risk management practices involve identifying and analyzing the potential losses of an investment and developing strategies that are consistent … Continue reading
A derivative is a traded security in the form of a contract between two parties based on an underlying asset or multiple assets. These financial contracts are most commonly used to hedge financial risk. Derivatives can also be used for … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Laurent Jacquemin, executive vice president, post-trade derivatives, SunGard’s capital markets business In the derivatives industry, significant, year-over-year transaction volume growth has become the norm. With high-frequency trading driving up the volumes of trades to hundreds of thousands or … Continue reading