- "What is" Form PF?
- 1099 Changes Affecting OID Means Good News For Investors, Challenges For Brokers
- "What Is" Mark-to-Market Accounting?
- A Closer Look at FATCA Grandfathering
- The History of the Wall Street Bull
- "What is" Reference Data?
- "What Is" a Corporate Action?
- "What Is" Reconciliation?
- Key Current Challenges of the Asset Management Industry and Operational Answers
- Back to Business with CLO 2.0
Tag Archives: Hedge Funds
Guest Contributor: Jason Scharfman,, Esq., CFE, CRISC, Managing Partner, Corgentum Consulting In the past, many hedge fund managers may have cringed at the mere thought of an investor inquiring about conducting a distinct operational due diligence review. Such reticence represents a … Continue reading
Guest Contributor: Jason Elmer, Director of Business Development, Abacus Group The cost of owning and operating on-site IT resources has led hedge funds to adopt cloud-based IT solutions at an increasing rate. This momentum has been helped by a greater … Continue reading
In the coming months, Hedge Funds are going to be implementing operational changes within their firms in order to remain compliant with Dodd-Frank and other regulatory mandates. Firms will also need to explore new technology solutions in order to make … Continue reading
Top Theme – Registering with the SEC – A Wrap-Up from the 4th Annual Hedge Fund Ops and Tech Conference
Much was discussed at this year’s 4th Annual Hedge Fund Ops & Tech conference in NYC! Our chairperson for the day, Dan Strachman, Author & Strategist from HedgeAnswers, got the morning started off with his thoughts on the current state … Continue reading
Given the tight one-year deadline, it comes as no surprise that the SEC, the CFTC and various industry trade associations are already talking about extensions to the fast approaching July 21st deadline to implement Dodd-Frank. On April 8th, the SEC … Continue reading